Friday 22 July 2016

Travel Tuesday: Desert Island Beauty & Wellness- Part 7: Tao Te Ching

A popular radio program in the UK called Desert Island Discs asks a variety of listeners which eight records they would take to a Desert Island. 

A friend asked me what my beauty version would be. So here's the beginning of an eight part Beauty & Wellness series about what I would take with me if I was only allowed one item. 

The seventh item I would take if I wasn't allowed a fully loaded kindle would be a book. It's a great way to switch off from life, get absorbed into another place and relax. 


Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu is a book you can read again and again. Every time you read it you grasp something else from it depending what's going on in your mind & in your life. 

I've included a picture as there seems to be several editions printed, but this is my favourite. It was introduced to me by a friend in high school and it's been a book I've turned back to many times over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment