Friday 30 September 2016

Motivation Monday- Another year older & another year of experience

Having just had a birthday & a year anniversary for Orchids Retreat Ltd, it's a great time to reflect on the year just gone. Another year older and another year of experience gained in the beauty industry. 

This time last year the company had just become Limited and I had just landed back from Berlin having rollerbladed 26.2 miles, the largest Inline Skating Marathon in the world! It helped me to regain my fitness after having 2 boys in under two years, and I also raised over £500 for Breast Cancer. 


Last autumn, I attended the private film screening of Suffragette at The May Fair Hotel and an exclusive panel discussion with whom Jane Wurwand, and Helen Pankhurst were amongst. 


Beauty is a fast paced industry and there are always new exciting treatments and products being launched. What an amazing year it has been personally and for the business.

This year I achieved the Derm Circle status with the skincare brand Dermalogica. This status is awarded for  dedication to education, which I am a Skin Therapist Expert; and for the sales goals set by the company. I was the smallest account in the UK to achieve this status and it has inspired others to reach for this goal! 

In February, I attended the exclusive HydraBlur Primer launch in Selfridges London with makeup artist Nicola Schuller. She demonstrated the various ways to use the hydrating primer- by layering, mixing or solo! 


I flew to Glasgow in the Spring for the premier of Dermalogica's newest Expert Ion Active treatment launch. An ion-charged treatment that delivers immediate results for all skin concerns. 

In April I ran the Paris marathon raising over £1200 for Look Good Feel Better, a charity I'm passionate about as it helps so many women around the country and the world! I also volunteer for LGFB hosting Masterclasses throughout the year. 

The British Association for Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology Awards entries opened at the beginning of the year. The application process and preparation for each step forward through the semi-finals and finalist stages took a lot of dedication.  


In June the awards ceremony was held at the Hurlingham Club in London. It was a great experience and an amazing achievement to win National Beauty Therapist of the Year, Runner Up for Waxing Therapist and Runner Up for best New Business. The biggest honour was being nominated by BABTAC and selected as Winner of their prestigious Gold Award for my contribution to the beauty industry and upholding the ethos that BABTAC stand for. 

In July Orchids Retreat Ltd launched its new website www.orchidsretreat.co.uk which now includes a full treatment menu. 

In August Orchids Retreat rebranded to include the Refresh • Relax • Restore strap line and a new orchid symbol along with the fresh mint green colour scheme. 


Aurelian Lis, the new Global CEO of Dermalogica was in town last month and I was invited to join him at a networking and brainstorming session with the U.K. Dermalogica management team and other top accounts from around the country. 
 

In September, I hosted my first exclusive event in London's award winning Ham Yard Hotel. In the hotel's resident Soholistic Spa I gave a talk giving tips about skincare over the coming months, Bare Minerals make up artist Ioannis joined me to launch their new Bare Pro foundation and Dermalogica demonstrated their new Dewy Skin DIY with Phyto Replenishing Oil. I have been invited back to Ham Yard Hotel to do another event next Spring. 


I cant wait to see what the year ahead holds! 

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." -Oprah Winfrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment