Tuesday 11 November 2014

Top Tip Tuesday- Baby Salve

My new born son isn't even a week old and developed nappy rash because he would poo whilst sleeping & sleep in it for several hours. 

Each time I changed him he would cry- at first I thought it was in protest & then I realised it was in pain because his little bum was sore. 

I tried to air his bum for about 10 minutes between nappy changes- this does create extra laundry because inevitably I would be peed on & so would the towels covering him! 
Pictured above is his nappy rash 12 hours later and over 3 times better. I used a pea-sized amount of Speizia baby salve after each nappy change to the irritated area and could see the inflamed area visible shrinking with each application. 

It's obviously helping because he doesn't cry as much at each change and almost instantly stops when I put the Baby Salve on as it soothes the area! 

No comments:

Post a Comment