Sunday 3 August 2014

Suncare Sunday- Q&A's

Q: Can you use facial sunscreen around the delicate eye area (I don't do this;))? or is there one you can recommend? 

A: No, you should not use regular sunscreen around the eyes. It is such a delicate area and regular facial sunscreen is too heavy. Dermalogica has an excellent eye cream Total Eye Care which has an SPF 15 and reflective particles to help protect the delicate area. 


Q: I apply dermalogica sunscreen SPF 50 on my face, neck and décolleté. It says reapply after 4 hours of water exposure. I use it on my neck/décolleté  area because of the piercing heat when walking to my car and driving in Las Vegas. Does it have withstanding ability even when not exposed to water, or should I reapply to those areas after 4 hours? 

A: When exposed to direct sunlight sunscreen should be applied every 2 hours. Reapply after 40 minutes if using in and around the water. If you're swimming and sunbathing, reapply as soon as you get out of the water to protect your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment