Monday 21 July 2014

Makeup Monday- FAQs

Last week I was chatting to a friend and she said I keep thinking I must ask D about...x,y,z. So I said fire away and here are the 3 questions she asked: 

1. How long should I keep my bronzer, I bought it 2 years ago and have used it less than 5 times. Toss or keep?

See the jar with an open lid with 12M inside. It means it expires after 12 months of opening. 

There should be a picture on the back of your bronzed that has a little pot with a lid and a number. This indicates the product's shelf life. If you go past this date products can harbour bacteria and can cause cosmetegenic acne, which are little bumps under the skin. But if you have only used it 5 times and it doesn't affect your skin, I personally would keep it in my makeup bag. 

2. How long does foundation keep? I asked A makeup counter and the gal told me 2 years, won't it just separate and become rancid? 

Again the same applies to foundation with the recommended expiry date, however if the product has a hygienic dispense top (something that just expells the products and doesn't allow contaminated makeup to mix with the rest) it may last longer. Also if you store your makeup in a cool place out of sunlight it can last longer. If it smells, stings, or causes a reaction bin it! 

3. Can you recommend a good primer for mascara? 

My favourite primer is Prep + Prime Lash by MAC. LancĂ´me also make a nice primer. 


If you have any questions email me at orchidsretreat@hotmail.co.uk 

2 comments: