Friday 11 July 2014

Feature Friday- Proto-col product review

was sent a lovely 5 part sample pack of collagen technology to try, which included an exfoliant, mask, serum, moisturising gel, and night cream. 


I needed to use my own cleanser to cleanse the face before starting with the regime. 

My skin before starting the regime. 

Microdermabrasion (£31.95) is an exfoliant made with crushed diamonds and pearls to create a creamy sandy mixture that includes enough product to exfoliate your face, neck & décolleté. at first it smells astringent and once you start gently massaging small circles it smells like sweet apple. My skin had a slight erythema afterwards and felt a bit like wind burn, so I wouldn't recommend this to sensitive skins, but it's great for those who prefer a more abrasive scrub! 

Collagen Facemask (£39.95) I put the mask on after cleansing and exfoliating and applied onto dry skin as recommended. It contains jojoba oil, beeswax and hydrolysed silk protein to form a thin film that covers the skin and feels super soft and smooth. I left it on for 10 minutes and it absorbed into the skin leaving a tacky feel before I needed to remove it. 

My rosy complexion after exfoliating and masking. 

Collagen Facial Serum (£39.95) This is a light-weight creamy fluid that's comprised of essential oils, vitamins and minerals. There was plenty in the sachet for a liberal application all over the face, eye area, neck and décolleté.  Once the serum was absorbed my face felt a bit tight so I then applied the moisturising facial gel. 

It gives more of a matte affect once it's absorbed. 

Moisturising Facial Gel (£21.95) This is more of a light creamy consistency rather than a gel as I was expecting, but it was a refreshing aloe smell that greeted me as I applied the moisturiser. My skin type is normal/dry and personally this moisturiser isn't quite thick enough for my skin but would be perfect for normal/oily skins. 

My skin feels refreshed, smooth and clean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment