Wednesday 4 June 2014

Waxing Wed- A-Z guide of Tea Tree

I was introduced to Australian Bodycare years ago by my Aunt. She had two successful salons in London and she used to stock the products. When I was a teenager I wasn't a fan of the smell, so as teens do I just wrote the product line off. 

Then, 10 years later when I was opening my own salon I went to Aunt D as an advisor and mentor to help me start my own business. Interestingly enough Australian Bodycare were still going and they not only did retail products, they had also created a waxing system based on the tea tree ingredient. It's the best waxing system I've found & I have clients that come from near & far just for the tea tree wax....I'm sure my expertise may come into it a little bit?! 

So on my Aunt's recent travels to New Zealand she came across this little gem of knowledge- the A-Z guide of Tea Tree! 


The only comment I'd like to pass on about this guide is the 'Pet Care' section. This recommends shampooing animals with a tea tree shampoo- they smell nice afterwards, but from personal experience don't use neat tea tree oil on them! 

We have a retriever and he gets heat sores in the summer, so for three days I was putting oil on his sores thinking I was helping...by the end of 3 days he was so lethargic he could barely walk....I'd poisoned him with too much tea tree- oops! Luckily as soon as I stopped using it he was fine, but I got a slap in the wrist from the vet & was told only shampoo because the percentage is minute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment