Monday 9 June 2014

Makeup Monday: French-style day make up

After the normal cleanse, tone and moisturise routine. Make sure your daily moisturiser has SPF 30 or above for a broad spectrum protection. 

Apply a primer, I like Dermalogica's Skin Perfect Primer SPF 30 (it's like my polyfiller!!) Then apply a tinted moisturiser, I use Sheer Tint Medium SPF 20. 


Curl lashes for 10 seconds each eye, if you want more curl, repeat. I use Tweezerman Eyelash curler. Then apply liquid liner curling up slightly at the edge to open the eye. I use the superfine liquid liner by MAC in signature blue. 


While the liner is drying add definition to the brows. I like the Sleek Makeup Brow kit in Light 817 sleekmakeup.com Using the angled brush apply gel to brows first followed by the powder to set the brows and comb through with a disposable mascara wand. 


Next apply mascara to enhance the lashes and frame the eyes. I use a two step process starting with MAC prep & prime lash, a white mascara that adds length and thickens. Then I apply two coats of MAC zoom lash. Tidy up any imperfections with a damp cotton bud. 


Apply some blusher to the cheeks to give a natural flush. I use Dainty mineralise blush by MAC. Apply using upwards circular strokes from the apples of the cheeks towards the base of the temple. 

Lastly, to complete the look apply a tinted lip gloss to create a finished look. I've used MAC lustreglass in Venetian AA1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment