Monday 4 January 2016

Makeup Monday- Wonder Woman

This year for New Years Eve we went to a super heroes and villans fancy dress party. I went as Wonder Woman, my hero & namesake! 
I used the HeShi self tanning gel to add a glow to my body and applied a shimmery body lotion on top to add a subtle scent and healthy glow for the evening. 
To match the costume and theme I chose to do a navy smokey eye with gold glitter and finish the look with a red lip. To achieve this flawless look that lasted over 24 hours, bad for the skincare but excellent for the makeup staying power! 
The products I used were: 
1. Dermalogica HydraBlur to keep my skin hydrated for hours 
2. Dermalogica Skin Perfect Primer to add illuminocity 
3. Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisturiser in medium to create an even base 
4. MAC mineralize blusher in Petal Power  for a peachy complexion 
5. Then for the eyes I started with the MAC browset in Show-off to comb my eyebrows into shape and add a bit of colour
6. MAC Technakohl Liner in Stirling Silver along the water line of the lower lid to reduce redness and make the eyes look brighter & bigger. 
7. MAC Fluidline in Siahi to line the upper eyelid and outer corner of the lower eye adding definition before blending with pigments to form a smokey eye. 
8. MAC Pigment in Naval Blue to create a shimmery smokey effect on the outer corner of the eye
9. MAC Pigment in Melon to add a gold sheen to the centre eyelid 
10. MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Snow Season to blend the pigment and highlight the brow bone 
11. I then used my finger to dab MAC Glitter Liquid Liner in Glamourgold into the inner corner of my eye and sweep the liquid liner along the lower brow line and along the upper eyeliner and lower outer corner. With the residue I dabbed it along my upper cheek bone to catch the light when I smiled. 
12. To complete the eyes I added MAC Prep+Prime Lash to my curled lashes followed by 2 coats of MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash in Black topped with a third coat of navy. 
13. To complete the eyes I used MAC Mineralize Concealer NW20 applied with 224 brush to subtly highlight the eye & nose. 
14. The look was completed with a generous application of MAC gloss in Russian Red 

Happy New Year 2016!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment